Berkeley Design Technology, Inc. ("BDTI") is committed to a policy of protecting the privacy and confidential information of individuals who provide BDTI with information about themselves.
Types of Information Collected
BDTI collects and stores a variety of personal and company information in the normal course of business. Such information is referred to as "personally identifying information" or simply as "information" in this statement. Personally identifying information may include your:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Professional information
Uses of Information
BDTI uses personally identifying information:
- To provide notification of upcoming BDTI events, and new products and services, unless you have requested that we do not.
- To deliver BDTI's monthly electronic newsletter, Inside DSP.
- To identify and support users of BDTI's Web site and Web-based services.
BDTI will not disclose personally identifying information to third parties except:
- To a contract mailing service, which BDTI may engage to send postal or electronic mailings at BDTI's request and on BDTI's behalf.
- At the user's request.
- With the user's express permission.
- By the order of a court of law.
- To a properly authorized authority in the course of an investigation of a crime against a user or BDTI, or in the case of suspected illegal activities such as fraud.
- If BDTI is acquired by or merged with another company, in which case BDTI will attempt to notify you before transferring any information about you.
Types and Uses of Personally Identifying Information
You may provide BDTI with personally identifying information such as your name, address and email address. BDTI uses this information to create mailing lists. We may ask for some additional information to understand your involvement with digital signal processing.
BDTI uses the email address supplied in the registration process to send you the newsletter, notices and updates concerning BDTI services and Web site, or both—if you have requested both. In addition, if you have registered for BDTI's "snail mail" mailing list, BDTI will also send you BDTI's mailings of information by post.
NOTE TO PARENTS AND MINORS: BDTI does not want to collect any personal information whatsoever of minors—in fact, BDTI asks that minors do not submit any information about themselves and that they not use this site. Anyone using BDTI's site or Web-based BDTI services warrants and promises that they are 18 years of age or older.
BDTI takes reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifying information. BDTI stores information in both databases on its corporate network and databases on a third-party network server. Access to both databases is password-protected. Although no security system is completely infallible, in the event that BDTI becomes aware that the security of your personally identifying information has been compromised, BDTI will report any unauthorized access to secured information to the appropriate authorities and provide reasonable support for any subsequent investigation. BDTI periodically reviews and updates security measures to insure the best possible protections for its users.
You may notify BDTI at any time to remove your information from our database by contacting us via the web. If you do that, BDTI will remove personally identifiable records concerning you from our electronic databases, unless prohibited from doing so by law. However, if you make this request you will no longer receive information from BDTI.