BDTI, an influential engineering company in Walnut Creek, California, is in search of a Conference and Events Coordinator to join our team. We are seeking an individual fluent in written and spoken Chinese and English who has experience doing business in China and North America. We anticipate the position to start as a part-time (roughly 16 hours per week), short-term position (initial term of a few months), with potential to expand to a longer-term assignment with additional responsibilities.
This position will support the planning and execution of an annual corporate technology conference and trade show in Shenzhen, China in December 2019. Key responsibilities will include ensuring effective communication and collaboration between U.S.- and China-based teams, reviewing Chinese written materials, monitoring project schedules, and helping to ensure tasks are completed when needed.
This position will support and work closely with our Senior Conference and Events Manager and senior executives.
- Fluent in written and spoken Chinese and English, with excellent written and spoken communications skills
- 3+ years of experience in a business-to-business office environment
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail
- Capable of adapting to changing circumstances and diverse environments
- Capable of effectively handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft and (ideally) Google applications
Pay commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter indicating the three top reasons why you think this is the right job for you to firstname.lastname@example.org.