The Embedded Vision Alliance is a partnership of over 80 leading technology companies that are working together to drive progress in computer vision technology. Computer vision enables machines to see and understand the world around them. This technology is leading to awesome new products like safer cars, better medical diagnostics and even kitchen appliances that can automatically cook your food perfectly.
The Embedded Vision Alliance is operated by BDTI, a respected engineering firm in Walnut Creek, California, that has played an essential role in the development of computer chips over the last 25 years. The Embedded Vision Alliance’s mission is two-fold; to enable product developers to incorporate visual intelligence into new products, and to enable our Member companies to accelerate success in computer vision.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Support/Inside Sales Representative to work in our Walnut Creek office supporting our marketing and sales team as well as selling conference sponsorships, exhibit space and webinar sponsorships to existing customers (B2B sales to Member companies of the Embedded Vision Alliance).
The ideal candidate for this role will be driven, organized, detail-oriented, computer-savvy, analytical, and ready to enhance their skill set. The successful candidate will work as part of a close-knit team with the company’s senior leadership and experienced salespeople.
We offer competitive pay (a combination of base salary and commissions) and a strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a retirement savings plan with company contributions.
- Obtain, review and enter customer and prospect data from various sources into Salesforce database (e.g., business cards, website inquiries, event registrations, meeting notes, online research and analysis).
- Generate recurring and custom reports using Salesforce, Excel, Google Sheets, MailChimp, and other tools.
- Contact prospects via email and phone.
- Provide administrative support to management, sales and marketing staff.
- Schedule, organize and participate in meetings.
- Collaborate with colleagues on teams for larger projects.
- Prepare mailing lists, invitations and agreements. Prepare and process mail merges in Word, MailChimp, and other applications.
- Track due dates and follow up as needed to gather required data and documents from colleagues, vendors, and customers.
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with colleagues and approximately 100 existing customers.
- Maintain regular email and telephone communications with customers, learning about their needs and informing them of our offerings.
- Establish expertise regarding our conference and webinar offerings and customers’ past purchases.
- Think creatively and collaborate with our team to find ways that our offerings can serve customers’ needs.
- Communicate the unique value of our offerings and persuade customers to commit.
- Follow up diligently to obtain signed contracts and coordinate purchase details.
Desired Qualifications and Experience (candidates are not required to have all of the following):
- 2+ years professional experience in customer service and/or administration
- 1+ years prior B2B sales experience (within a Software/High Tech company is a plus) or a sales internship
- Experience with databases or customer relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce a plus)
- Data entry and verification experience
- Experience performing research and analysis
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with Google Sheet and Google Docs
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Ability to prioritize, organize, follow up, and meet deadlines
- Passion, energy, great work ethic, and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Hard-working while maintaining a positive and energetic persona
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, persistence, initiative, commitment, and professionalism.
- Competitive and focused on achieving goals
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter indicating the three top reasons why you think you are the right person for this role to email@example.com.