The Embedded Vision Alliance is a partnership of over 80 leading technology companies that are working together to drive progress in computer vision technology. Computer vision enables machines to see and understand the world around them. This technology is leading to awesome new products like safer cars, better medical diagnostics and even kitchen appliances that can automatically cook your food perfectly.
The Embedded Vision Alliance is operated by BDTI, a respected engineering firm in Walnut Creek, California, that has played an essential role in the development of computer chips over the last 25 years. The Embedded Vision Alliance’s mission is two-fold; to enable product developers to incorporate visual intelligence into new products, and to enable our Member companies to accelerate success in computer vision.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Support Specialist to work in our Walnut Creek office, supporting our marketing and sales team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be driven, organized, detail-oriented, computer-savvy, analytical, and ready to enhance their skill set.
- Receive customer and prospect data in various forms, including business cards, website inquiries, event registrations, and meeting notes
- Find customer and prospect data through online research and analysis
- Review data for accuracy and completeness, make corrections, and find missing data where needed
- Enter data into Salesforce database
- Generate recurring and custom reports using Salesforce, Excel, Google Sheets, MailChimp, and other tools
- Contact prospects via email and phone
- Provide administrative support to management, sales and marketing staff
- Schedule, organize and participate in meetings
- Collaborate with colleagues on teams for larger projects
- Prepare mailing lists. Prepare and process mail merges in Word, MailChimp, and other applications.
- Prepare invitations and agreements
- Track due dates and follow up as needed to gather required data and documents from colleagues, vendors, and customers
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and colleagues
Desired Qualifications and Experience (candidates are not required to have all of the following):
- 2+ years professional experience in customer service and/or administration
- Experience with databases or customer relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce a plus)
- Data entry and verification experience
- Experience performing research and analysis
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with Google Sheet and Google Docs
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Ability to prioritize, organize, follow up, and meet deadlines
- Excellent spoken and written English communications skills
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter indicating the three top reasons why you think you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.