The Embedded Vision Alliance is a partnership of over 90 leading technology companies that are working together to drive progress in computer vision technology. Computer vision enables machines to see and understand the world around them. This technology is leading to awesome new products like safer cars, better medical diagnostics and even kitchen appliances that can automatically cook your food perfectly.
The Embedded Vision Alliance is operated by BDTI, a respected engineering firm in Walnut Creek, California, that has played an essential role in the development of computer chips over the last 25 years. The Embedded Vision Alliance’s mission is two-fold; to enable product developers to incorporate visual intelligence into new products, and to enable our Member companies to accelerate success in computer vision.
We are currently seeking an experienced B2B Inside Sales Representative to work in our Walnut Creek office selling conference sponsorships, exhibit space and webinar sponsorships to existing customers (Member companies of the Embedded Vision Alliance). The ideal candidate for this role will have sales experience and be driven, organized, detail-oriented, personable, computer-savvy, analytical, an excellent communicator and ready to be challenged and expand their skills. The successful candidate will work as part of a close-knit team with the company’s senior leadership and experienced salespeople.
We offer competitive pay (a combination of base salary and commissions) and a strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a retirement savings plan with company contributions.
Responsibilities: Inside Sales Representative (B2B Sales to Existing Customers)
- Learn how to sell the value of our product offerings (conference and webinar offerings), become familiar with customers’ past purchases, create and manage a sales funnel.
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with approximately 100 existing customer accounts and the associated key decision makers.
- Maintain regular email and telephone communications with key contacts in customer accounts, learning about their needs and educating them about our offerings.
- Think creatively and collaborate with our team to find ways in which our products and services can serve our customers’ needs. Recommend new products and services as appropriate.
- Communicate the unique value of our products and services, understand and overcome objections that occur in the sales process, and persuade customers to commit.
- Understand customers’ purchasing processes. Follow up diligently to obtain signed contracts, coordinate purchase details and finalize agreements.
- Prepare a weekly sales activity report with forecasted revenue and key actions to achieve sales.
- Support sales and marketing team whenever needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ years sales experience or a sales internship
- Experience with databases or customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Passion, energy, great work ethic and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Hard working while maintaining a positive and energetic persona
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, persistence, initiative, commitment and professionalism
- Competitive and focused on achieving goals
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Ability to prioritize, organize, follow up and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Additional Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- B2B sales experience (within a software/high tech company is a plus)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Familiarity with Google Sheets and Google Docs
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter indicating the three top reasons why you think you are the right person for this role to email@example.com.